Born: 1934 in Vienna.
Schools in Vienna and Carinthia.
Since 1961 academic studies at the University of Vienna in physics, chemistry, earth sciences.
Dissertation in mineralogy and petrography.
1978 Habilitation (mineralogy).
1962 to 1966: Part-time work (marketing and distribution).
1967 to1970: Graduate assistant at the University of Vienna.
Since 1970: Assistant professor at the Institute for Mineralogy and Crystallography.
2002: Granting of the academic title 'Universitätsprofessor'.
September 30, 2008: Retirement.
1972/73 Munich, Germany. MPI in Martinsried (A. v. Humboldt-Sholarship).
Three research stays at the University of Prag each over several months
and two at the Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto (Canada).
Field of activity
Crystallography, crystal chemistry, history of earth sciences (specifically high schools in Vienna).