In 2001, the historic center of Vienna has been added to UNESCO’s World Cultural Heritage list.
For more details on Viennese attractions, we recommend the following web-sites:
- Vienna Tourist Board, Comprehensive guide to sightseeing, museums, events, tickets, dining, accommodation, getting around, service
- Wien Online, Collection of links regarding history, culture, tourism (incl. accommodation, embassies, sights, dining), getting around, business, politics, city administration
The workshop dinner will take place at the Zwölfapostel Keller (Twelve-apostle’s cellar).
There are quite a few hotels located near the workshop location.
Here are some suggestions which are either very close or from which you can reach the workshop location easily using public transportation.
- Hotel Austria Wien
- Hotel Kärtnerhof
- Hotel Regina
- Hotel Johann Strauss >
- Hotel ibis Wien Messe
- Hotel Capri
- Hotel Kunsthof
Experience in the the past showed that rates on booking platforms are sometimes cheaper than booking the hotel directly. Therefore we recommend to check this before booking.
At the Vienna International Airport there are several connections to the city:
- The City Airport Train (CAT) departs every 30 min and takes 16 min to arrive in Vienna center.
- The S-Bahn also departs every 30 min and takes 24 min to arrive in Vienna center.
- There are Vienna Airport Lines buses going to various destinations in Vienna.
By train you will either arrive at Westbahnhof (Vienna west railway station) or Wien Meidling. Both train stations are well connected to the public transport network of Vienna, see Wiener Linien.