||26 Aug 2013
Please submit constructivism-related URLs!
- 1999 Biology of Cognition. An Intensive 18-Day Course in English Humberto Maturana, Jorge Mpodozis, and Juan Carlos Letelier (Universidad de Chile) [Alternative site] 16 Feb 1999
The course offers the complete course in ‘Biology of Cognition’. This intensive course will proceed over an 18-day period in July / August 1999 at a resort / center on beautiful Quintero Bay, Chile.
- 1998 VI International Congress on Constructivism in Psychotherapy September 2 - 5, 1998, Centro Didattico Le Scotte, Siena, Italy 27 Feb 1998
- 1997 New Trends in Cognitive Science 1997: Does Representation Need Reality? Vienna, May 14 - 16, 1997 27 Feb 1998
- 1998 Life’s Natural Solutions Two-Day Workshop 07 May 1998
In this workshop you will learn the fundamental roots of human understanding - a potent explanation about our very nature. That is, how we are as biological living systems, instead of who we are, and what we do and how we can be in our interactions - the path of mutual co-existence.
- 1998 Konstruktivisten beobachtet Über den Kongreß “Weisen der Welterzeugung. Die Wirklichkeit des Konstruktivismus II”, 30.4. - 3.5. 1998 in Heidelberg. By Rudolf Maresch Telepolis 16 Jun 1999
- 1999 International Congress on Personal Construct Psychology in Berlin, 26-31 July 1999 03 Jul 1999
- 1998 Constructivism in Psychology and the Human Sciences: Theory, Application, and Future Biennial Conference of the North American Personal Construct Network July 9-11, 1998 (Pre-conference workshops July 8) on the campus of the University of North Texas: Denton, TX, USA (Maintained by Kenneth Sewell) 15 Jul 2000
- 2001 Biology and Knowledge Revisited. From Embryogenesis to Psychogenesis 31st Annual Meeting of the Jean Piaget Society.May 31-June 2, 2001, Berkeley, California. (Maintained by Catherine Horvath) 20 Dec 2000
- 2001 Fictions of Dialogue. Interdisciplinary Approaches Call for papers for a three-day international conference 23rd - 25th November 2001. Guest Speakers include Siegfried J. Schmidt. 19 Mar 2001
- 2001 Men in Systems - Systems in Men International Systemic Conference, Prague, May 4-6, 2001 21 Mar 2001
- 2001 Remaining Human. In the face of our growing dependence on technology May 25/26 in Vancouver, Canada. 25 Mar 2001
Features a talk by Humberto Maturana on “Our genome does not determine us”.
- 2001 InterSymp’2001 – 13th International Conference on System Research, Informatics & Cybernetics from July 30th to August 4th, 2001 in Baden-Baden, Germany, organized by the International Institute for Advanced Studies in Systems Research and Cybernetics. 25 Mar 2001
- 2001 Douglas-Mcgill Symposium on Mind - Construction - Brain Activity 28 September 2001 (Friday, whole day) at the Douglas Hospital Auditorium 25 Apr 2001
Intends to provide an opportunity for discussion of conceptual questions in mind-brain relations, of relevance to those involved in clinical and research work. Speakers include Ernst von Glasersfeld and Paul M. Churchland.
- 2002 First International scientific conference Systemic Management ≠ International Management, May 15-17, 2002 Prague, Czech Republic 04 Jun 2001
The conference focuses on constructivist approaches within general system theory.
- 2002 The subject-oriented approaches to knowledge and learning Session at the 15th ISA World Congress Of Sociology Brisbane, Australia, July 7-13, 2002. Chair: Arne Kjellman. Deadline for abstract submissions: 15th of January 2002 18 Dec 2001
This session needs papers explaining why and how such subject-oriented frameworks are more adequate – not to say necessary – to handle the issues of a human culture, communication, and ethics on a well-defined scientific basis. This session needs papers that expand on the ideas mentioned [cybernetics, constructivism, instrumentalism, ...] and apply them in various knowledge domains.
- 2002 Systems theory after Niklas Luhmann Session at the 15th ISA World Congress Of Sociology Brisbane, Australia, July 7-13, 2002. Chair: Raf Vanderstraeten 18 Dec 2001
Papers in this session should not merely exegete the writings of Niklas Luhmann. They should also explore new variations and new transformations in sociological systems theory, and reflect upon the limits of this grand theory. Theoretical papers may elaborate on methodological aspects or particular concepts (e.g. functionalism, symbolic media, globalization, or social differentiation). Papers in which empirical research is presented may explore and test particular hypotheses deduced from Luhmann’s work, preferably in connection with other grand theories in the field of sociology (such as network theory or rational choice theory).
- 2002 Eine Rose ist eine Rose ist eine Rose. Zur Rolle und Funktion von Metaphern in Wissenschaft, Therapie und Beratung. Symposium 1.≠4. Mai 2002 in Heidelberg. 10 Jan 2002
- 2002 Something For Nothing Subjectivity and society in the new economy. Virtual conference: 1 May to 30 Sept 2002, Physical conference: 4 & 5 Sept 2002 (Pretoria, South Africa) 15 May 2002
Conference about the social construction of society and subjectivity in the new world order.
- 2002 On The Shoulders of Giants 05 Jul 2002
July 26 & 27, 2002, in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. The Mental Research Institute Conference is in honor of Heinz von Foerster Paul Watzlawick Richard Fisch John Weakland And the “Bateson Team” (Bateson, Jackson, Hayley, Weakland)
- 2003 8th International Congress on Constructivism & Psychotherapy Monopoli, Bari, Italy, June 14-18, 2003 07 Feb 2003
- 2003 16th advanced course of the Archives Jean Piaget entitled “Norms and development” will take place in Geneva from September 22 to 27, 2003. 29 Apr 2003
- 2004 New Thinking in Business and Management - 2nd international scientific conference May 19 - 21, 2004, Prague, Czech Republic 26 Nov 2003
Constructivism, cybernetics (2nd order), systemic theory, autopoiesis and next new “soft” ideas for social systems.
- 2004 The art and science of constituve ontological thinking: the biological matrix of the human existence Introductury course in biology of cognition and biology of love: biological matrix of the human existence, by Humberto Maturana and Ximena Paz Dávila, August 9 - 14, 2004. 16 Mar 2004
- 2004 De l’Autopoièse à la Neurophénoménologie. Un hommage à Francisco Varela. Juin 18-20, 2004, Amphithéâtre Richelieu, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne 16 Sep 2004
- 2004 De la Cybernétique aux Systèmes Complexes. Un hommage à Heinz von Foerster 26 octobre 2004, 14h-18h30, Amphi 24, Université Paris VII, 4, Place Jussieu, 75005 Paris 17 Sep 2004
- 2005 Truth is the invention of a liar International Heinz von Foerster Congress. 11-13 November 2005 at the University of Vienna, Austria 03 Nov 2005
- 2005 Symposium on “Constructivism, History, and Performance” including a panel on Radical Constructivism at the at the American Society for Cybernetics (ASC) 2005 Conference George Washington University, Washington, D.C., 27-30 October 2005 28 Oct 2005
- 2006 New Thinking in Business and Management Prague, Czech Republic, from 17 to 19 May 2006 15 Nov 2005
Systemic and systemical approaches, constructivism, cybernetics, theory of autopoiesis, chaos etc.
- 2007 Conférence Débat sur le thème: Actualité de G Bateson, W. James, J Dewey, E von Glasersfeld: Empirisme, Pragmatisme, Constructivisme. Convergence de grands courants de pensee face aux defis du xxi° siecle activation intelligente du couplage science–societe. 29 November 2007, Le Réseau organise, à Paris -Vincennes (Amphithéâtre de l’INSEP) 28 Aug 2007
Conférence présidée par JP Gaillard, avec les contributions de J Miermont (G. Bateson), G Garetta et M. Girel (W. James), Ph Chanial (J. Dewey), M Larochelle (E von Glasersfeld)
- 2007 Third International Heinz von Foerster Congress 16-18 November 2007 at the University of Vienna. 28 Aug 2007
The overall motto will be “systems/systemics.” In addition, there will be two special sections, one on Ernst von Glasersfeld and his work on the occasion of Ernst’s 90th birthday, and one on the life and work of Gordon Pask, on the occasion of the opening of the Gordon Pask Archive. (Details to be announced).
- 2008 Thirteenth Biennial Constructivist Psychology Network Conference University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, June 19th to June 21nd, 2008 21 Feb 2008
The conference encourages practitioners, educators, and researchers who work from constructivist, constructionist, or narrative theories to participate in dialogues that extend the reach of these perspectives.
- 2009 Fourth International Heinz von Foerster Congress 12-14 November 2009 at the University of Vienna. 24 Sep 2009
Key notes by Ernst von Glasersfeld, Humberto Maturana, and John H. Holland are announced.
- 2010 Cybernetics:Art, Design, Mathematics – A Meta-Disciplinary Conversation Troy, New York, 29 July to 2 August 2010. 25 Feb 2010
Organized by American Society of Cybernetics: “We believe that this conference will be an exciting and vibrant event that will help define ways forward in all 4 fields and will encourage enrichment of all 4 through learning from and with each other – which we take to be the reason for being interdisciplinary. Our conference has as its primary aim to develop what we might think of as next questions rather than report on answers to last questions, through discussion in groups and in plenary sessions. It is a conference where the main business will be to confer, not to report. Evenings have been left free as time for performance, exhibition and ideas that appear during the conference itself.”
- 2011 19th International Congress on Personal Construct Psychology 19-22 July 2011, Boston 19 Nov 2010
Beginning with personal construct psychology in 1955, constructivist-influenced theories have been used in multiple ways in psychology, other social sciences, and the humanities. The goal of this congress is to bring together those incorporating one or more modes of constructivist thought into research, theory, scholarship, and professional practice.
Maintained and copyright © by
1997-2010. All rights reserved.
These pages may be freely linked to by other sites.
Any copying or commercial use in general is prohibited without the express written permission of the copyright holder.