Alexander Riegler Research & Teaching
Areas of Interest
- cognitive science (in particular representation and anticipation),
- philosophy of science (in particular computational approaches and social epistemology), and
- artificial life (in particular post-Darwinian systems theories of evolution).
My objective is to establish a conceptual constructivist framework that brings together and integrates the various lines of thought with regard to the following facets:
- A better understanding of concepts pertaining to knowledge, rational thinking, and nonconscious cognition in order to identify their similarities and differences.
- The evolution of cognitive structures based on the modularity approach to (biological) complexity.
- Bringing together various disciplines in order to take advantage from their cross-fertilization and dissemination potential.