The 2012 International Symposia on Cultural Diplomacy
(Berlin, Geneva, Washington D.C., June 1st - June 29th, 2012)
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
On behalf of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy, we are writing to you now to bring to your attention our upcoming International Symposia (outlined below) hosted by the ICD in partnership with the Chertoff Group and other leading organizations. We would be grateful if you could forward the information to anyone you feel might be interested in participating.
The 2012 International Symposia on Cultural Diplomacy
(Berlin, Geneva, Washington D.C., June 1st - June 28th, 2012)
In the year 2011, the international community witnessed historical events that changed the political landscape of the globe, ranging from the Arab Spring, to the “Occupy Wall Street Movement” and other protest movements around the globe. These transitions and protests were all facilitated and supported by the use of modern technology and the social media. These events represent, each in their own specific context, the people’s will for a change, whether it is political, economic or social and their unified demand for more equality and justice.
The events were each highlighted by the possibility for the people to better organize themselves and express their will through the social media, allowing them to gather millions of supporters around them within a very short period of time. When one compares these transitions to similar historical events, one can see that such changes have traditionally taken many years, rather than days, however once they do occur, they are sustainable and broad changes that are not then reversed.
The ICD therefore decided to focus the 2012 International Symposia on Cultural Diplomacy on this common goal of the public for more equality in the political, economic and social spheres. The Symposium will be divided into four main themes and will be hosted in three major international cities, which were chosen due to their relevancy to the theme of the conference. The Symposia will analyze the current global situation as well as future trends, strategies and the potential to counter political, social and economic inequality in the world.
Symposia Speakers >
The speakers during the conference will include leading figures and experts from international politics, academia, the diplomatic community, civil society and the private sector, from across the world. These speakers will include a number of individuals from the ICD Advisory Board. To learn more about the ICD Advisory Board please click here.
Speakers for the Symposia include:
• President Alfred Moisiu – Former President of Albania
• President Alfredo Palacio - Former President of Ecuador
• David Smith - Africa Correspondent, The Guardian
• President Emil Constantinescu - Former President of Romania
• The Hon. Frederik Willem de Klerk, the 7th President of South Africa
• The Hon. Jorge Castaneda - Former Foreign Affairs Secretary of Mexico
• Prof. Joseph Nye - Distinguished Service Professor at Harvard University (tbc)
• Mia Farrow - Actress and Humanitarian Activist
• Secretary Michael Chertoff - Former United States Secretary of Homeland Security
• President Pierre Nkurunziza – President of the Republic of Burundi
• Amb. Rufus Yerxa, Deputy Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO)
We are accepting applications for the following events:
To apply please visit: http://www.culturaldiplomacy.org/index. ... tion-Forms
• The International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy 2012 – “Social & Cultural Inequality: Innovative Strategies to Promote Access to Human Rights and Equalize Globalization” (Berlin, June 1st - 4th, 2012) www.icd-internationalsymposium.org
• The International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy in Geneva 2012 – " Cultural Diplomacy & Sustainable Development" (Geneva, June 13-15th, 2012) www.icd-international-symposium-geneva.org
• The 2012 International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy & International Economics – "Political & Economic Inequalities: Bridging the Gap between Civil Society and the Public & Private Sectors" (Berlin, June 20th - 22nd, 2012) www.iscdie.org
• The International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy in the USA 2012– "Cultural Diplomacy, National Security and Global Risks: The Use of CD to Bridge the Gap between Civil Society and the Public & Private Sectors in an Age of Digital Diplomacy" (Washington D.C, June 26th - 28th, 2012) www.icd-international-symposium-usa.org
We are also very pleased to inform you that following many months of preparations the ICD is now able to develop additional projects, in order to further promote the fascinating field of cultural diplomacy. If you would be interested in developing projects together with us, please contact me through my direct email: email@example.com.
We also warmly encourage you to join and contribute to the development of the ICD Networks. Please stay informed about the activities of the ICD and join our community by “Liking” our official organization profile, “Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD)”, which you can access by following the link www.icd-on-facebook.org
Thank you for your attention and for your cooperation in sharing the news of our upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive emails from the ICD in the future, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating this.
With warmest regards,
Director & Founder
Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD)
Ku´damm Karree (3rd Floor/Hochhaus)
Kurfürstendamm 207-8 Berlin, Germany-10719