The Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies (of the ICD Academy for Cultural Diplomacy) is the world’s leading center for the study of cultural diplomacy, offering educational opportunities ranging from week-long seminars for undergraduate students and interested professionals, to Master's and Doctoral programs for graduates pursuing careers in academia, diplomacy, government, and/or the private sector, dedicated either wholly or in part to the field of cultural diplomacy.
We are currently accepting applications for enrollment to the summer semester and would be grateful if you could share this announcement by forwarding the information below to anyone you think may be interested in applying.
CCDS offers the following opportunities:
• PHD Program in Cultural Diplomacy & the Global Economy (Berlin, June 18th, 2012)
• MA in International Relations & Cultural Diplomacy (Berlin, June 18th, 2012)
• MBA in Cultural Diplomacy & the Global Economy (Berlin, June 18th, 2012)
• MA in Cultural Diplomacy and Euro-Mediterranean Studies (Berlin, June 18th, 2012)
• E-Learning Courses in Cultural Diplomacy (June 4th – 30th, 2012)
For more information please visit: ccds-berlin (dot) de
ICD Upcoming International Conferences
The 2012 International Symposia on Cultural Diplomacy
(Berlin, Geneva, Washington D.C., June 1st - June 28th, 2012)
In the year 2011, the international community witnessed historical events that changed the political landscape of the globe, ranging from the Arab Spring, to the “Occupy Wall Street Movement” and other protest movements around the globe. These transitions and protests were all facilitated and supported by the use of modern technology and the social media. These events represent, each in their own specific context, the people’s will for a change, whether it is political, economic or social and their unified demand for more equality and justice.
The events were each highlighted by the possibility for the people to better organize themselves and express their will through the social media, allowing them to gather millions of supporters around them within a very short period of time. When one compares these transitions to similar historical events, one can see that such changes have traditionally taken many years, rather than days, however once they do occur, they are sustainable and broad changes that are not then reversed.
The ICD therefore decided to focus the 2012 International Symposia on Cultural Diplomacy on this common goal of the public for more equality in the political, economic and social spheres. The Symposium will be divided into four main themes and will be hosted in three major international cities, which were chosen due to their relevancy to the theme of the conference. The Symposia will analyze the current global situation as well as future trends, strategies and the potential to counter political, social and economic inequality in the world.
Speakers for the Symposia include:
• President Alfred Moisiu – Former President of Albania
• President Alfredo Palacio - Former President of Ecuador
• David Smith - Africa Correspondent, The Guardian
• President Emil Constantinescu - Former President of Romania
• The Hon. Frederik Willem de Klerk, the 7th President of South Africa
• The Hon. Jorge Castaneda - Former Foreign Affairs Secretary of Mexico
• Prof. Joseph Nye - Distinguished Service Professor at Harvard University (tbc)
• Mia Farrow - Actress and Humanitarian Activist
• Secretary Michael Chertoff - Former United States Secretary of Homeland Security
• Amb. Rufus Yerxa, Deputy Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO)
• The Hon. Said Musa – Former Prime minister of Belize
• The Hon. Theo-Ben Gurirab - Speaker of the National Assembly of the Republic of Namibia, Former President of the UN General Assembly, Former Prime minister of Namibia
We are accepting applications for the following events:
• The International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy 2012 – “Social & Cultural Inequality: Innovative Strategies to Promote Access to Human Rights and Equalize Globalization” (Berlin, June 1st - 4th, 2012)
• The International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy in Africa 2012 - "Cultural Diplomacy & Sustainable Development in Africa" (Berlin, June 10th - 12th, 2012)
• The International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy in Geneva 2012 – " Cultural Diplomacy & Sustainable Development" (Geneva, June 13-15th, 2012)
• The 2012 International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy & International Economics – "Political & Economic Inequalities: Bridging the Gap between Civil Society and the Public & Private Sectors" (Berlin, June 20th - 22nd, 2012)
• The International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy in the USA 2012– "Cultural Diplomacy, National Security and Global Risks: The Use of CD to Bridge the Gap between Civil Society and the Public & Private Sectors in an Age of Digital Diplomacy" (Washington D.C, June 26th - 28th, 2012)