The workgroup of theoretical physicists around Beatrix C. Hiesmayr was formed in 2008 at the University of Vienna. Our studies mainly concern the phenomenon of quantum entanglement in particle physics and multipartite systems.
News: New PhD position and PostDoc position to be filled!
- In an recent experiment exploring the "magic simplex" it was possible for the first time to prove the existence of bipartite bound entanglement of two angular momentum entangled photons that was predicted 1998 by the Horodecki family: New J. Phys. 15 083036 (2013)
- The publication "Testing Collapse Models with Neutrinos, Mesons and Chiral Molecules" published in Nature: Scientific Reports 3, 1952 (2013) has been discussed in the blog of Sabine Hossenfelder.
- The publication "Revealing Bell's Nonlocality for Unstable Systems in High Energy Physics" finally shows a possibility to detect quantum nonlocality in kaonic systems with current technology. On this, see e.g. the following public releases: (1), (2), in German (3) or the original paper (->Publications).
- Beatrix C. Hiesmayr received the precious prize "Förderungspreis der Stadt Wien" for her achievements in research.
- Intestest in a Master or PhD theses ? Contact: