Homepage of Period04
Period04 is a computer program especially dedicated to the
statistical analysis of large astronomical time series containing
gaps. The program offers tools to extract the
individual frequencies from the multiperiodic content of time series and
provides a flexible interface to perform multiple-frequency fits.
- Period04 now supports the SAMP communication protocol to provide interoperability with other applications of the Virtual Observatory
--- 2010-11-24: Period04 v1.2.0 has been released.
This version provides some new features:
- optional check for combination frequencies
- possibility to use batch files for simple predefined tasks.
- bugfixes and morePlease have a look at the Changelog for details.
--- 2008-11-11: Period04 v1.1.1 has been released.
This version provides some new features: - interoperability with other applications of the Virtual Observatory
- support for triple combination frequencies
- increased usability for SNR computations of peaks in Fourier spectra
- and morePlease have a look at the Changelog for details.
The package has been published in 'Communications in Asteroseismology':
Lenz P., Breger M. 2005, CoAst, 146, 53
Questions, suggestions or complaints?
The installers will guide you through the installation process. When you start
Period04 for the first time, a dialog will appear reporting that the
Period04 preferences file has been created. Click on 'Ok'.
If you have any problems please have a look at the FAQ section or write an email to Patrick Lenz.