The anniversary in figures
From the viewpoint of the University, impressive figures basically summarise the anniversary year 2015:
- Altogether, 95,000 visitors attended 104 events of the University of Vienna during the anniversary year. Members of the Conference and Event Management team laid more than four kilometres of cable.
- More than 900 employees contributed to the realisation of the events, which took place at various locations of the University of Vienna and led to massive media coverage.
- The University of Vienna received EUR 1 million from sponsors and also invested EUR 3 million – 0.6 % of its turnover of EUR 533 million – in the anniversary events.
- During the Campus Festival, which was one of the highlights of the anniversary year, more than 30,000 people came to visit the Campus over three days.
- There were more than 900 reports on the University's 650th Anniversary on news sites, in daily newspapers and magazines and also on ORF (Austrian national public broadcasting), with an overall advertising value of more than EUR 11 million (data according to APA-DeFacto).
- A tram wrapped with the anniversary slogan travelled through Vienna for more than three months. Altogether it travelled about 25,000 kilometres.
- The 650 runners who represented the University of Vienna at the Vienna City Marathon in the anniversary year collectively ran more than 10,000 kilometres.
- The special postage stamp created by the Austrian Post (Österreichische Post AG) for the Anniversary of the University of Vienna had a circulation of 200,000.
- At the International University Boat Race teams from ten European countries rowed over a sprint distance of 350 metres in more than 20 races. This makes more than 2,400 rowing strokes.
- On the occasion of the 650th Anniversary of the University of Vienna, 180 minutes of music were composed.