Keyboard Layouts & Fonts
This section aims to assist people in dealing with the Mari alphabet in computing. Please choose the appropriate option:
- I want to know if my computer "understands" Mari characters or not.
- I am having problems with Mari characters, but I don't know what is wrong.
- I am accustomed to the Russian Cyrillic keyboard. I would like to add the Mari letters to it.
- I cannot type Cyrillic, but would like to type in Mari.
- I am looking for fonts that I can use with Mari.
- I can use Mari characters on my computer. However, when I send people documents or publish things on the Internet, people have problems.
All instructions were created using English-language operating systems. In order to assist people using Windows in other languages, graphics will be provided of every step taken, making it easier to identify the equivalent items to the English control elements discussed by their icons.
The exact interface of your operating system might differ from the interface shown here. However, we hope that the differences will not be radical enough to make our instructions unusable. Please contact us should you experience problems.