Venue: Erwin Schrödinger International Institute for Mathematics and Physics (ESI), Vienna, Austria
Accommodation will be handled by the Erwin Schrödinger International Institute for Mathematics and Physics (ESI). There are a number of hotels offering special rates for participants of ESI activities.
Erwin Schrödinger International Institute for Mathematics and Physics
Phone: +43 -(0)1 - 4277 - 28282
Please contact ESI by e-mail for information and reservation.
Touristic InformationInformation regarding sightseeing and cultural/touristic activities in Vienna and its surroundings can be found here: https://www.wien.info/en/travel-info/vienna-city-card
From Vienna International Airport (Schwechat) to the city centre:If you want to travel from the airport to the city center using public transportation here are some options you can use:
- City airport train (CAT). This train takes 16 minutes from the airport to Wien Mitte and travels in intervals of 30 Minutes from 5:37 am to 11:39 pm. A single ticket costs 11 euros .
- Railjet. These trains stop at Wien Meidling and at Vienna Main Station (Wien Hauptbahnhof) and run every 25-35 minutes daily from about 7 am to 10.00 pm. The ticket costs 4,10 euros.
- S-Bahn (S7). The express train plies between Vienna Airport and Floridsdorf. The journey takes 37 minutes as the train makes a number of stops. The ticket costs 4,10 euros.
- Buses. The buses of Vienna Airport Lines take you direct to the Donauzentrum via Vienna International Centre (VIC), or to the Westbahnhof and Vienna Main Station (Wien Hauptbahnhof). Here more information about the timetable. The single journey costs 8 euros.
- The Staatsoper srated its Summer break, but there are cocerts on Monday July 8 (Bobby McFerrin "Gimme5") and Tuesday July 9 (Jamie Cullum).
- The Volksoper started its Summer break.
- The Theater an der Wien/Kammeroper started its Summer break.
- The Konzerthaus started its Summer break.
Early Music in the
Ruprechtschurch (near Schwedenplatz)
presents Ensemble Ornatus (Fumeux fume par fumée - Die subtile Kunst des Spätmittelalters)
on July 8 and 9 at 7pm, and Hiroko Huemer (Airs et Brunettes, Flûte traversière) on July 10 at 10pm.
Filmestival in front of the
Rathaus starts daily
at 21:30 (and children films at 17:00).
July 8: Grieg: Pier Gynt (Ballet Wiener Staatsoper)
July 9: Händel (Ballet Rathaus Stockholm) and Berliner Philharmoniker (Wagner, Beethoven).
July 10: Nena (Nichts versäumt)
July 11: Norah Jones (Life at Ronnie Scott's, London 2017)
July 12: Walt Disney's Fantasia (5pm)
July 12: Being Chritina (modenr dance) and Danish National Symphony (The Moricone Duel)
- Filmfestival at Karlsplatz near Charles church.
- Cinema at the Augartenspitz on the other side of the Danube Canal (walking distance).
- Kino am Dach rooftop at Urban Loritz Platz 2 (main library at the Gürtel).